Sunday, May 16, 2010

Deck Cleaning

This weekend, we finally decided to clean the deck so that we can eventually stain it. I don't think that this deck has ever been cared for after a previous owner had it built. I forgot to take a picture while it was dry, but here's one after we had wet the surface. It's your typical dark grey weathered look. After applying the 2-in-1 deck cleaner and manually scrubbing, the mildew just melted away. It was very exciting to see the board on the right. An application on Saturday and then another on Sunday was enough to get the deck almost perfectly clean. This picture is of the deck after it dried. It's not a perfect comparison, but you can see how new the boards look. Now we just need to stain the deck and it'll look almost new for several years.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks great! You can especially tell by the before and after photo. Nice work and I love your hostas!

    ReplyDelete