Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ribfest

For the weekend of the 4th, there were talks about going to Taste of Chicago, but we ended up going to Ribfest instead in Naperville. Gen & Shannon invited me & Natasha. I've been to festivals that had food, but nothing like this. Here's a picture showing most of the vendors. I'd say there were about a dozen Rib vendors there (some were at the beginning and there are few more around the corner from this picture). I picked up a sandwich at this place. Everyone had their banners declaring the "Best of" status. They even had a table full of 3' trophies. The food was great and the grounds even had Leinenkugel's Red in addition to the typical water supply (aka Miller Lite). There was so much smoke from the cookers, it was smoggy even in the lawn area. By the time we left, we all smelled like BBQ, which was kinda fitting for an American holiday. We all had something from the rest of the grounds. Gen, Brennan's sister, and Shannon had some self-made snow cones. Shannon's dad picked up a bag of huge cherries. Brennan had a rootbeer float. Finally, Natasha had a mint chocolate ice cream from Oberwiese. I would have gone with the vanilla, but I'm boring like that.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: