Thursday, 8/23/07, we received some heavy rain. I didn't leave work until 6 P.M. Traffic wasn't too bad and the rain was driveable, but I didn't count on all the flooding. There was some backup on one of the roads in the typical spot, so I turned off to go through the subdivisions. That's when I hit the flooding. I was barely able to make it home past the middle of my block. A mini couper was too afraid to go through and waited in the dry, middle hump while the other cars went around him/her.

Of course, the firetrucks were out and about. This one's going so fast, you can barely see it.

The sewer drains on the corner were backflowing with water, so there was no where for it to go.

It looks like it would be fun to get splashed by that wave. One problem with the storm was that it was hard to see the flooded areas and cars would drive 40mph through 3in of water.
The northbound traffic finally dwindled around 8 P.M. and the water subsided. The next day, I saw quite a few fallen trees. Luckily, our power wasn't affected.
No comments:
Post a Comment